31 March 2008

Paper Tole


Happy Monday everyone!!!!


Well, I had a semi- good weekend. I didn't have to do any work, so I didn't. There wasn't a lot of housework to do, so that was easy. But Maggie was a little out of sorts and so that meant I didn't get much sleep - especially with this being Jerry's sleep over weekend!!!!


Of course, the weekend started off really well with our Card Making night on Friday night. There were 7 of us - a nice sized group. We all made a few cards, had lots to eat and talked way too much!!!! The last girls left at about 1.30 Saturday morning. Guess I was already behind the 8-ball as far as sleep went!!


Anyway, enough about my drab and dreary life - onto more important things. Like today's Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS. Paper Tole - I really love this technique and the end result, but by golly, it can be a little time consuming. I'm glad I have my trusty SU! Craft & Rubber scissors now - makes cutting out small things very, very easy.


The above card was my effort for the challenge. I have paper-toled all but 4 of those little lady bugs (oh yes, you read it right, all but 4!!!!!!) I've also paper-toled the froggie's legs, the lid he's sitting on and the glass jar. I coloured the jar slightly using Bashful Blue and a blender pen and added a dash of colour at the bottom of the main image to "ground" it. That way, it doesn't look like my froggie and the jar are flying through the air - just the little bugs!!!! I kept the rest of the card fairly simple so as not to distract from the main image. What do you think?


Please leave a comment as I love reading your messages. And if anyone wants to see a particular type of technique or card of mine, then please, let me know!!!!


Well, I'm off to make some more cards - I saw a really wonderful technique today involving scenery ......................... bye for now!!!!


Cav

3 comments:

jjcreations said...

Too cute. Sort of brings back memories. Joan

Beth said...

Great images and an adorable card!

Angela said...

How cute, love that little frog and those ladybugs...