24 March 2008

Welcome to my Blog!!!!


Hey there and welcome to my Blog. This is my first ever post, so I guess we'll have to see how this goes. Not too sure how often I'll be able to get back here and post, but it is my intention to get back here at least weekly!!!!!!


I thought I'd start off easy and include the most recent card I've made in my first blog. And here it is ....................... Pickle Friendship Blooms. This was a challenge card from Splitcoaststampers (SCS). For anyone who is unfamiliar with the SCS Website, you should take the time to have a look at some absolutely wonderful creations from some very talented people. The link is off to the right of this page.


Every Sunday they do a Featured Stamper challenge. Quite simply a very talented stamper is chosen and their SCS gallery is featured. The challenge is to choose one of their cards to CASE (or copy) making only a few minor adjustments.


This week's featured stamper is Amy Sheffer (PickleTree) and her SCS Gallery can be found here. The card of Amy's that I chose to "CASE" is here.


The card pictured above is my take on Amy's card. With the challenge, I had to change at least two aspects of the original card. I decided to change the colour and the background of the card base and I also changed the sentiment slightly.
OK, this is going to be a short and to the point blog entry, just to get me started. Over the coming months I hope to add more photos of my card creations and also share a little of what's happening in the world of Cav (Maggie's Mummy).
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!
Cav

3 comments:

StampingBetty said...

THAT is beautiful, here's to plenty of posts!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Welcome to blogging - it open's a whole new world.

Cheers
Marcia
SU Demo AUS
www.thestampspot.blogspot.com

A Stamper's Journey said...

Great blog and wonderful cards. I just started a blog too! Here's mine:
http://happystampungmom.blogspot.com/