04 April 2008

White Chocolate Limited - mmmmmmmm!!!!


Well, the title sounds yummy doesn't it??? The card featured here is for today's SCS Limited Supplies Challenge. Basically, these challenges provide us with a limited amount of supplies to use to make our cards. In this case the challenge was to use White plus any other colour. But, we could only use ONE other colour!!! That sort of ruled out the use of DSP because it usually has sooooo many colours in it.


So, I opted to use Chocolate Chip (my favourite colour, I have to admit, even thought I'm not really a brown fan!!!!). It gave me an excuse to use some of my yummy WIDE Chocolate Chip Ribbon. I am soooo thankful that this made it into our new Catty!!!!! (More about that in a minute!!)


I tried something a little different with this card. For the first time, I inked my stamp in Versamark before I inked it in the Chocolate Chip. I then added clear Embossing Powder to the image once it was stamped and heated it and viola!!!! An embossed image with colour!!!!


I have in the past always stamped the image in colour, then stamped over it with Versamark (using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it just right - most of the time - lol!!!!!!), then adding the clear Embossing Powder and heating it. Using this new method cuts out a fairly big step in the process which means time will be saved in future card making efforts - hooorahh!!!! I really can't believe this method works and had been meaning to try it for a while. Well, it works!!!!


Now, enough about today's challenge card and on to more important things.


Tuesday this week saw the launch of the new 2008-2009 Idea Book & Catalogue from Stampin' Up!!! And can I just say WOW!!!!!! There are so many new products in there - The Pretties Kit, Textured Cardstock, Rhinestone Brads, NEW Punches, so many gorgeous Double Sided Designer Papers - the list is endless!!! I'm so excited! There's over a hundred new stamp sets and over a dozen new standard and jumbo Wheel designs. Oh, and did I mention rub-ons?? Well we've got some of them too now!!!!


PLUS our new In Color Range - just stunning.


If you'd like to see the catalogue for yourself, just click on the Stampin' Up link to the top right of this page.


Well, I'm off to prepare for this weekend's Virtual Stamp Night (which lasts all weekend!!) on SCS. 18 different challenges over 2 and a half days - be prepared for lots of new posts next week.


Until then ............. have a great weekend!!!!


Cav

7 comments:

Beth said...

This is beautiful! I didn't get a chance to do that challenge (yet), but your interpretation is wonderful! Funny, I used the versamark then ink trick to emboss earlier today - it's such a timesaver! :-)

Lizette said...

"For the first time, I inked my stamp in Versamark before I inked it in the Chocolate Chip. I then added clear Embossing Powder to the image once it was stamped and heated it and viola!!!! An embossed image with colour!!!!"
This is the way I do it, haven't tried the Stamp a ma jig.
Great card BTW!

Nerine .P. said...

Hi Cav,

Love your work...as always. I'm so sorry to do this to you, but you've been tagged.

Hugs
Nerine

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Hi Cav, have had a look around your blog and your work is fantastic. Great to see some good work coming from the Aussie demos.

Cheers
Marcia - Perth
www.thestampspot.blogspot.com

Jamie Martin said...

Pretty card, love all of the layers :)

Melzie said...

It did come out lovely!!!!

Angela said...

This is so pretty, love those colors and those flowers... So pretty